What is Laser Therapy?
At Surfside Pet Hospital our doctors and staff know you do not want to see your pet suffer from joint and muscle pain. We have the latest in laser therapy treatment options to provide an alternative solution to traditional pain management. Therapeutic laser or low level laser therapy is a painless procedure that is available to our furry friends. Our Class 4 laser emits laser energy in different wavelengths, intensity and continuous pulsation that stimulate pain relief, anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling effects in tissues that makes it a very useful tool for a wide variety of conditions in veterinary medicine.
Conditions that can be improved:
- Acute or chronic pain
- Back injuries
- Sprain and strains
- Inflammation and edema
- Wound healing
Advantages and benefits of laser therapy:
- Does not require the use of drugs or surgery
- Quick and convenient
- Non surgical treatment
- No patient sedation or restraint required
- Extremely safe with no side effects
- Can be combined with other medications or other arthritic treatments
- Immediate results: Most treated pets feel better in 12 – 24 hours after treatment
- Speeds healing process after surgical procedures
- Studies show that it is equal to or more effective than other forms of physical therapy
Please feel free to visit us or give us a call and ask how laser therapy may provide a solution to your pet’s needs.